|Dew Claw Kennel | The Blog | The Mushers | The Races | The Dogs | The Sponsors
You can be a part of Team Dew Claw
|Join Team Dew Claw
Pulling Together ~ It Really is a Team Effort
We invite you to be a part of Team Dew Claw for the 2012-13 race season. There are lots of ways you can help.
- Kennel Expenses: funds are used to purchase kennel supplies: providing the best possible year round care & feeding for our team.
- 2012-13 Race Season: Dew Claw will have teams in major distance races including the Yukon Quest and Iditarod.
- We happily accept gift and in kind donations, contact us to discuss current projects at Dew Claw Kennel and how we might work together. Or see our Dew Claw Wish List.
This year we are offering something new; for trailbreakers who want to do more. Be a part of the team that gets Jodi to Nome.
Become a Dew Claw - Iditarod checkpoint sponsor, learn more here.
- All members of the team are valued here at Dew Claw. We gratefully accept all support, encouragement, and donations.
- You may use the PayPal 'Donate' button at right, or contact COLD SPOT FEEDS to contribute to our account.
- You will be joining Team Dew Claw, and we would like to thank you by listing you on our web site and sending you a post season race thank you with signed photos and a race bootie.
Corporate Sponsors ~
Please contact us for information about having your company name or logo on Dew Claw Kennels web site, dog trailer, or sled.
Jodi Bailey & Dan Kaduce
PO Box 83234
Fairbanks Alaska 99709
For UPS and Fed Ex please Contact Us for an alternative address, as Fed Ex and UPS will not deliver to us or a POB. (sorry)
Dew Claw Kennel Wish List:
- Lupine Smartcore Battery- 5, 8, or 11 amp hours
- Lupine Charger One-
The Lupine LED lights we mount on our sleds give us amazing visability, and make night runs far more enjoyable then relying on just a traditional LED straped to your head. Longer battery life and quicker charging are a real advantage on races like the Quest and Iditarod where runs are long, and you do not always have access to power.
- Rex Sled Runner Plastic - in Blue, Yellow, & Gray avaliable at Cold Spot Feeds
Runner plastic is replaced as it becomes worn out in training. But when racing it is sent to every checkpoint so it can be changed for maximum glide on the trail. Different colors are for different conditions, and the more plastic we have to send out the more options we have on the trail.
- Mountain Harware Compressor Pants -
avaliable at many stores and websites, but can be seen here. Yes they only come in men's, but a medium fits Jodi, and Dan wears a large. We really have not found insulated pants that we like better, great fit, super warm, and they have good interior pockets for keeping trail snacks warm.
- Brass snaps 1/2 " and 5/8" avaliable at Cold Spot Feeds
We have found brass snaps to be more reliable, something invaluable on the trail. Each year ideally we would replace all our tug (1/2") and neckline (5/8") snaps for racing season. Including our spares we are looking at minimum 20 of each size per team.
- Stainless steel brake claws with double carbide tips also at Cold Spot Feeds.
yeah, we tried the singles and let's just say with our team it is a good idea to 'make it a double'.
- If anyone has frequest flyer miles they would like to use to fly Jodi home from Nome, please contact us.
- Thank you Mike Pickell
A Dog Fur Hat for Dan (email us for info)
I have been raving about how much I love mine for years (read here), and recently (thanks to Dawn & Marlys) got one lined with Beaver. Well it is just amazing, and now Dan is ready to give it a try.
- Thank you Orren & Judy Brownson
for the Alaska Fordge Snowhook: Stompable handle with a roll over bar.
at 1 pound this ultra lightweight snowhook would be the perfect companion to the amazingly hardcore Critterwoods snowhooks we already use (also thanks to Team members Judy & Orren Brownson for the Critterwoods)
- Thanks to Robert and Jolene Parsons
For the high tech ski poles that will help us help the team on those long runs.
- Thanks to a dear friend we have this covered now
If anyone is replacing a laptop newer the the 2006 relic I am using and would be willing to donate thier old laptop to Dew Claw we could put it to good use.
- We use a suprisingly large ammount of:
AA Lithium Batteries - 1 & 2 Gallon ziplock freezer bags - Starbucks instant VIA coffee - Sport Bean Extreme Caffinated Jelly Beans - Hot Hands chemical heat packs - & Bacon!
back to sponsorship info
Tom Gross, owner
You can donate directly to our dog food account.
Contact Cold Spot Feeds.
original Dew Claw logo artwork Robin Feinman
return to top
Contact us email@example.com
© 2012 Dew Claw Kennel - Joellen Bailey, All Rights Reserved - No part of this web site may be reproduced